Some Information about Branch 191
There is always things happening at our legion. If you click on the events tab, you will see a calendar of what is planned for that month. We have many regular events and special events planned during the year. We also make our facilities available for non profit organizations and for private functions.
Below is general information about our facilities
Usually the office is manned 4 days a week Mon – Thur from 9am – 1130, and 1pm – 2:30
Best contact is via phone or email. See our contact page.
Hall Rental (All Current Covid-19 Precautions will be in Effect)
Our Hall is available for rental for special events and regular meetings.
Some of the features of our hall include:
- A large pull down screen, with a overhead projection system that can be hooked to a laptop for showing of presentations etc.
- Catering/Food Services provided by the Ladies Auxiliary
- Bar Service
- PA system with wireless microphones
- Chairs and banquet tables
- Hall temperature controlled by Heat Pump
The meeting the capacity is ( people seated ) approx. 130 – 140 people
For a dance (with tables along the side etc. ) no more than 100 – 120 people
The charge for renting our hall depends on the event and facilities used; for pricing please contact our legion office.
Our lounge is available for members special events, inquiries should be directed to the Lounge Manager.
Closing time is at the servers’ discretion when patronage is low.
|Tuesday||Lounge Opens 3pm||Meat Draw 3 – 6 pm|
|Friday||Lounge Opens 3pm||Meat Draw 4 – 7pm|
|Saturday||Lounge Opens 3pm||Meat Draw 3 – 6 pm|
|Sunday/Monday||Closed (Except after G Mtg)|
Non Profit Groups
We encourage non profit groups to contact us if you could use our facilities. We can work with you to make it a win-win situation for all concerned. For more information please contact our office.
2023 – 2024 Current Executive Members
|Vice President||Dave Munro
|Past President||Len Lavender
|Recording Secretary||Bill McKinney
|Bar Manager||Kevin Kostin
|Service Officer||Mike Beggs
|Honours & Awards|
|Youth and Sports||Phil Fewer
|Public Relations||David Nielsen
|Sick & Visiting||Diane Murphy|
|Sergeant at Arms||TBD
|Ways and Means
|Executive Member(s)||Ken Stanton
- The only persons who may be admitted to our premises are members in good standing and their properly introduced guests.
- DRESS CODE: No shirt, no shoes, no admittance.
- Guests must sign the Guest Register with their name and address (no ditto marks) and be vouched for by the introducing member.
- Members of other Branches are required to show their membership card and if valid, they then must sign the Guest Register and cite their Branch name and number.
- Proof of age (19) must be produced by any young guest and should the Server not be satisfied, the person must leave the premises.
- Serving members of the Forces, whether in uniform or in mufti, who are not members of the Branch must sign the Guest Register.
- Members in good standing may sign in four (4) guests.
- Guests’ must stay with the member who sponsored them and leave with the member.
- Any infraction of the B.C. Liquor Act will be cause for immediate suspension.
- Gentlemen will remove head dress upon entering the Legion. Exceptions – berets worn by members on duty or head dress required for medical or religious reasons.
- Abuse of furniture or fixtures will not be tolerated. Wilful damage will be charged for.
- MEMBERS ARE AT NO TIME TO INTERFERE WITH THE SERVER(S) IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THEIR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. SERVERS ARE REQUIRED AND RESPONSIBLE BY LAW TO ENSURE BC
LIQUOR BOARD REGULATIONS ARE FOLLOWED.
- Moving from one table to another, unless by invitation, will not be tolerated, and the Server may, at their discretion, request a member or guest to leave the premises.
- No games shall be played in the Lounge except as authorized by the House Committee.
- Any complaints as to the service or management shall be put in WRITING to the President.
- No notices or advertisements shall be posted in the Legion, except those dealing with Legion activities, unless such has been authorized by the Bar Chairperson.
- No ticket sales, other than those pertaining to Legion functions, shall be permitted in the Lounge unless authorized by the Executive Committee.
- No campaigning shall be allowed in the Legion.
- General: No intoxicated person shall be allowed on the premises.
No person shall be allowed to use the Lounge premises while under
No obscene language or unseemly conduct which disturbs the comfort of
others or endangers the reputation of the Branch shall be tolerated.
NO SMOKING OR VAPING IS PERMITTED INSIDE THE BUILDING.
Any member or guest who violates these rules must leave the premises. If they refuse to do so, the Server(s) are authorized to call the RCMP. Such a matter is reported to the Bar Chairperson, who shall investigate and report to the Executive Committee.
- ALL REGULATIONS ORDERED BY BC HEALTH AUTHORITY AND BC YUKON COMMAND WILL BE MANDATORY. ENTRY WILL BE DENIED IF MEMBERS ARE NON COMPLIANT WITH THE RULES.
House Rules – Revised September 2021